Veteran's Day 2011

Today is a day of rememberance. And a day of acknowledgement. For all those who served, past and present - you are the stuff that freedom is made from. For all those who have served on windswept deserts, frozen tundra, sweltering heat and duty stations where you knew everymoment could be your last - and then went and signed on for another tour. I salute you! To the best nephews in the world -... Happy Birthday Semper Fi. To my fellow squids - and to the ground pounders I was so proud to be a part of: THANK YOU, for knowing that there is something bigger than one person - the resposibility of a people for the nation they serve. There is a special place beyond these mortal days where those who serve shall all meet again.

It has been as long since I retired as it had been that I have served.  Eighteen years go by in a flash.  But through it all I have always known that the service I gave to this country did more to shape me than any other experience.  In silence, a knowing is passes in a glance between veterans when they meet.  We are part of a brotherhood and sisterhood of those who will pass the torch of freedom to generation after generation.  There are many veterans that will go unsung, unknown and unforgiven - but they are veterans none the less. 

For anyone who served - a day, a decade, a lifetime - thank you.  Thank you.



Comments

Popular Posts