I haven't written lately, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been busy. LOL. New shipments from Peru 4 Less keep me knee deep in alpaca. I just love the stuff, can't knit enough socks out of them! I use patterns that call for size 2 needles and double the yarn, until I get to the feet, then it is triple. My "signficant other" swears by them - unless he can't find them, then he swears at them.

The "sweater" is finally looking like it will make it to the finish line. I've actually started this ski sweater 3 times in the last 2 years, but my gauge was off (I couldn't figure out if you gauge using the smaller needles and no pattern, or larger needles and pattern - the pattern wasn't quite clear on this) - the first sweater, like Goldilocks bear chair was "WAY TOOOOO SMALL", the next one could have fit the fat man in the circus - and since Ted is no way near fat (he was the Jack sprat could eat no fat kinda person)..... we tried again.

So, here it is, almost at the point where I start binding off stitches for the neck and change colors for the shoulder design. . . pattern, by the way is one of the Dale of Norway ski patterns - I've lost the cover to the book so all bets are off for what it should look like in color. LOL.


Comments

Popular Posts