I haven't forgotten the blog - medical appointments, admissions and procedures have taken up most of October and November so far.  BUT - just a note to say that I have been eating Keto foods and following even more wonderful recipes for 48 days now.  I've lost 17 lbs - and that is with the up and down water gain and loss from heart condition so it is a well won battle.  I also found that if you have a carb uptick when the scale just won't budge - it does budge and down another pound we go.  Keto is like this wonderful fantasy of not being hungry, not having cravings, feeling great the minute bread was taken out of the equation - blood sugar is coming down, a couple of days ago the morning reading which is usually in the high 180's, low 200's  has moved into the 124 - 159 range!  By evening it is in the low 120's.  Blood pressure - always a challenge with Afib and TI's - the top number is still in the 180's high and 140's but the bottom number has settled into the 70's.  Pulse rate is in the range of 47 - 62.  All in all I am looking forward to the next blood panel and A1C.  Reducing all of these is getting me closer to having the growth on the thyroid and part of the thyroid removed and with that I am hoping breathing will be much easier.  I started this Keto plan so I could have more control over my health.  I am now off 3 medications and hope to be able to have less than 3 meds a day that I HAVE to take, one of course will be for the thyroid.  A journey of a thousand miles .....

 November has several "callf or artists" opportunities I am going to submit paintings to.  The CVG show deadline is on the 25th of Nov and is here in Bremerton - a great gallery space for members and an opportunity to meet women print-makers as well! 





 






Comments

Popular Posts