Hats, Hats and More Hats!

I have this stash - more accurately my stash has me. It has grown like the tribbles in the old Star Trek series. Every drawer, every shelf, every basket is overflowing with yarn, ribbons, beads, bangles and bobbles. Color and texture - the mainstay of the artist. All around my 1600 sq ft basements are the instruments of art. An old loom of mine, since gifted to another artist harness Baby Wolf. Now there are two looms with luscious drafts of color for scarves - the next phase of readying for winter. I can't help myself. All around there are so many colors and the projects go quick enough to easily complete a dozen in a week. Type "A" people have a hard time with too much time on their hands!

The other advantage to both an excess of time and supplies is the yarn sites on the internet with free patterns for just about everything. Hats, scarves, socks, mittens, gloves, bags big enough for overniting and bags small enough for lunch boxes. Knitty.com is my all time favorite - they have extensive links with more patterns and more knitters with solutions to problems, on-line groups that exchange tricks and techniques for finishing the UFO's (unfinished objects). Though I have been shy to knit intricate lace shawls I have found lots of other knitters that are going through the process of attempt, apply and alas - Done! It is lots of fun.

This has to be an all time high - there are 11 hats waiting to be whisked away to the post office and heading for Oregon for their new home. May there we warm heads everywhere! So, have fun, knit, weave, draw, paint until next time.!

Comments

Popular Posts