Star Light, Star Bright



As I am writing this, Orion constellation is burning brightly above my neighbors house. It is 6:25 in the morning and my other half has been assuring me for the past few weeks that Orion is not visable until November. My littlest dog wakes me between 3 and 5 in the morning most mornings so we have an exquisite view of this steller image. Do I wake him up to see it? I"ve broached the subject before - not likely. But still - wouldn't it be worth the view? I'll have to think about this a little more.

In the meantime - there is another steller project going on in the basement of our tiny abode. I've taken to the loom again. I received some yarn from a magical site - Lifes an Expedition (LAE) - on eBay, there is a woman who has imppecable color sense and she spins a beautiful yarn (okay, pun intended). She and her husband have a lively web site - filled with information, product and just all around "well done" for naviagation ease. LAE is worth the look and exploration. (www.djrunnels.com)

About the loom - it is a Schact, 4 harness student loom. The Baby Wolf with 8 harnesses is going to be "slain" later today. Here is a preview of project and pets (of course) going on at the little yellow house in Port Huron, Michigan.
In another part of Michigan - I went to visit "Limner Press" in Williamstown. It was a "first Friday" in which the shop was open longer than usual to show off their wares. It is always a great getaway to visit Don and Wendy who own and operate Limner Press. When Limner Press decided to return to Wendy's hometown in Michigan, and leave the frozen north of Alaska - I didn't see anyother way to keep my printer than to move to Michigan as well. Although the transplanting of a cold weather person to the midwest Americas was difficult - it was definately worth trip. We live about 100 miles apart - but anyone who has lived in Alaska knows that it is just a short drive. You see, I would go anywhere my printer would go - but I had to be near water. So, the St. Claire river and the Blue Water Bridge are now home to me.

Don and Wendy are an artist wife and printer husband. Both accomplish amazing things for the artists and clinetelle who visit them. I have worked on several wedding invitations for clients past as well as designing Bar Mitzvah invitations as well. I have posted some of their past projects so you can see what I mean.

Comments

Popular Posts