The "LUMP"

Well, it is official. I have a "lump." This "lump" is 3 1/2 cm wide and almost a cm. tall/high. I saw it on the ultrasound yesterday. I'm just beginning to shake off the numbness when the usually cheery tech did not say "okay, you can go now, everything looks fine." Instead - "I'm going to take this to the radiologist" - then, returning "You won't get a letter from us, your doctor will get the report and contact you." Hmmmm, the mantra would begin with "not all lumps are cancer, not all lumps are cancer." This would be about as effective as clicking the red sequin heels clicking together - "there's no place like home, there's no place like home." I'm still waiting on Glenda the "Good Witch" to pop by and give me my secret mantra.

It isn't the end of the world, either as a worst case, or as a dismissed case. After all, I DO have health coverage, and I DO have wonderful support from the people in my life, and I DO have the wonderful doggies who are there through thick and thin. Amazing creatures - dogs. They will listen intently to you, cocking their head this way and that - sort of an "a-roour?" sound. If you cry they will lick your face, your hands, your feet - they are 100% there for you, not matter what. They are even willing to sit with you when you announce that it is time for "sucky girl movie marathon" while your partner quietly retreats to his computer room and watches the fish.

It is Friday that the ultrasound was taken - it will be a long weekend waiting and a longer week waiting. I will have to go to Detroit twice next week even if it is not for the "next step" in this lumpy saga.

I don't know what to do, there isn't anything that I can do......but wait.

Comments

Popular Posts