Here we are - it has been nearly 2 years. Bad blogger, Bad blogger. LOL. But in my defense, I have been very very very busy. I love to sew for the nieces and nephew and with the holidays that pretty much takes over from September until January - my excuse for the summer without blogs is something entirely else - - - -
So, what has been going on? Lets see....there was the beautiful raincoat from Michael & Co for Addie. Still trying to get the snap face on, maybe a bigger hammer is the answer (probably not, but it would make ME feel better - I've been fighting with it for over a month).










I've been trying to get the basement in order (no, I will not show you the cyclonic condition it is in since we decided to gut the bathroom and redo it which is why nothing was posted all summer) and thought that since the sewing machine coughed up a lint-ball and is in the shop - - why not dig out the art quilts that I
trying to construct? There is never a lack of texture, color, beads, baubles and bangles not to mention a plethora of silk threads. It is kind of relaxing to be able to just let my mind wander on small projects where the degree of completion is higher than the larger quilts I am still struggling with. There just isn't enough days in the month or months in the years to get everything done. I'm turning 55 this month and the best I can hope for is some kind of crazy quilt madness that will take me over and allow me to die without leaving a small fabric store behind. LOL. What's an artist to do?

What about something different this year? Make it the year of the teeny weeny art quilt and put them everywhere?!! Put them on little zip pouches that go in your handbag for make-up or for change. Maybe put them on the outside of tote bags for library books, laundry going to the laundromat. What about putting them on the sleeve or back or pockets of jackets? Maybe put them on a shawl - centered on the mid-point or at one end or even both ends - - maybe throw caution to the wind and put a teeny weeny quilt on all three places on a shawl. Go wild, use up those scraps. Making something that is 4 x 4 inches is alot more freedom and alot less anxiety than having to come up with something that is 36 or 40 inches by 40 inches.
If there is anyone out there reading this - give me a post and let me know what you are doing. I'd love to see what other people are doing with their fabric stashes (bead stashes, bangle and bauble stashes - - weavers feel free to weave in all kinds of ephemera into your cloth samples too!)
Go For IT!




Comments

Popular Posts