KETO JOURNEY: DAY 6

Keto Day 6

Weight: 278
Sugar: 210 a.m.
BP: 164/72 55 pulse 

Tonight's meal was Chorizo, fried eggs and butter leaf lettuce with fresh  cucumber and avocado.  It was a very stressful day and rather than skip dinner I decided breakfast for dinner would be a good thing.  




I am contemplating going back to school  I came to this conclusion after getting a clean bill of health on the mammo side and after speaking with the Same Day Surgery doctor (Internal Medicine), he wants to move ahead and remove half of the thyroid.  The left half.  The need to do it now rather than later is because of the nature of the nodules on the left side.  What kind of cancer it is, we don't know yet - so we are moving ahead with the removal.  I am relieved that there is finally some expediency after having to push for ultrasounds and then having a fine needle aspiration repeated found that the size of the nodules had doubled - some 2.5 cm and over 1.5 cm wide.  There are 7 nodules (maybe 8, hard to find it among the 'innumerable' cysts that are crowding the throat and making it increasingly difficult to swallow, eat or cough.  It seems that a sensitivity or allergic reaction depending on how it is presented - to Metropolol was to blame for alot of the swelling in the throat, legs, ankles - the post nasal waterfall and a very deep and dark depression.  400mg was initially prescribed though I never went over 200.  When I found that this medication had a black box warning on it (seems the thing it treats is the thing that is in danger if you stop taking it - Metropolo has so many shocking contraindications that it is amazing any sane person would prescribe it!  I weaned myself down to 100 mg once a day and within a week there were drastic differences. It was as though someone turned the sun back on, the deep black hopelessness was gone, swelling and bloating down by at least a half and the roller-coaster ride of up and down 3 to 4 lbs per day ended.  It is now in a reasonable decline of weight of about 1/2 lb per day.  Good news to anyone who hasn't seen their jeans in a while. LOL. 

I was dismissed by my primary care doctor - and some really unsettling diagnosis (without medical tests) was the basis of the parting of ways (along with a very disagreeable nurse) - being treated for congestive heart failure when you don't have it and no return calls or messages when you are having difficulty with medication along with a mental diagnosis by an untrained professional (I will call it gender bias and leave it to that) was the last straw.  Armed with entries supporting changes in meds, and reminding the doctor that I HAVE a mental health provider who is a licensed practicing psychologist and have had therapy for PTSD since 1992 served to cement the rebuttal.  I was told I would be referred to the "woman's clinic" - something I had been asking for over 5 months now.  For those who served, who are female, this 'altercation' is nothing new.  For those stationed at the cesspool that is Ft. Mac - even more evidence that we are not being treated for chemical/biological/nerve agents so how can you treat if you refuse the origin of the illness?  A question Ft. Mac people have been asking since the 1990's when we finally found out what was there and that there were human experimentation with those chemicals.  The VA still denies there was enough to do damage.  The chemicals and nerve agents as well as radioactive elements have physically effected 3 generations of families.  Children with cleft pallets, spina bifida, kidney, spine, sensitivity to drugs are all part of the Ft. Mac family illnesses.  And still we march on - and will continue until it is recognized.

I miss being a student, I was heading to graduate school when one day I woke up and could not even put my foot into my shoe and lift up my leg to walk - it was that fast - it took years to be able to walk again but I could not kneel or bend my left leg backwards to sit in the ergopedic chairs I love to use when working on art.  Speaking of art - I missed the deadline for the entry on Landscape, but will make the deadline for small paintings.  I will keep you posted.

Fall is here - I love this time of the year - behind the house the clouds were showing their pink slips and the night was fading fast so I grabbed the camera and rolled the wheelchair out to the walkway and got some shots of a fading evening.

Comments

Popular Posts