KETO JOURNEY



Day 3: Keto Journey
Weight:  279.5
BP 151/80 61 pulse
Morning Sugar: 186
Afternoon Sugar: 139
Evening Sugar: 128!!!


It is fall here in the Pacific Northwest - the leaves are beginning to turn, the air has a crisp feeling to it and pumpkins, squash and the last of the fall markets are here.  My phone camera is on the fritz so I can't show you the fabulous farmer's market we went to on Sunday.

Breakfast - sans photo - this morning Tim cooked.  He baked the bacon in the oven at 375 F for about 45 minutes.  I like in the pan better.... and eggs.  Water, 1/2 avocado and butter leaf lettuce leaves.  Now you might be wondering about the avocado - I recently read that there is a study going on that will look at avocado consumption for two years in the study of whether or not eating  an avocado a day will reduce belly fat.  Some of the group will eat a whole avocado a day (we space ours out between three meals) and some will only eat avocado one day per week.  The plant based Omega 3 is the key in the study.  I happen to like avocados and don't mind eating it three times per day. 

Lunch - I wasn't hungry (imagine that!) but had some butter lettuce leaves, some sliced cucumber and mild cheddar cheese with - what else - some bacon.  Water again.

Dinner - Chicken thighs with a small amount of bacon grease on the bottom of a foil lined baking pan.  The thighs came six to a package so I thought that I would make up all six and leftovers were in case of mid-night munchies or tomorrows lunch.  I added mini-portabella mushroom slices, garlic powder, cumin, oregano and thyme.  Bake at 375 F for 45 minutes (hmm, a pattern here).  Steamed broccoli rounded out the dinner - with a half of an avocado.  Water once more.

Snack:  Around 10 pm and watching back episodes of New Amsterdam (just found it), I had some pork rinds.  It is like eating a seasoned cotton candy!

It was a long day complete with battling the VA - but, I made it, it is over and tomorrow will be another day.

This is a photo taken from my Michigan house November 2016.  I had just been released from the hospital with kidney failure, sepsis and UTI.  I almost lost my life that week not knowing how sick I was.  I guess someone was trying to tell me that I was going to be okay.

Thank you, Becca for lending me Rudy's ghost and thank you to the puppies who showed up!

See you tomorrow - we will try to get the phone camera straightened out.

Comments

Popular Posts