KETO JOURNEY: October 14, 2018


 Keto Day 15
Weight: 276
Blood Sugar: 174 (upon waking)
Blood Sugar: 12 (Bed Time)
BP:  165/76 Pulse 57

It has been almost a week since I have posted.  I was in the hospital again with Afib then three days later lower back pain by the kidneys.  Kidney stones are in there - haven't moved, but have grown.  YUK!  So, that meant hospital food for diabetic and heart were enough to throw off the numbers and weight.  But, I'm back home and cooking again.  Honestly, it is unfathomable how the Keto diet is doing such good things to my numbers and has bacon - and NO hunger pangs.  Not snacking at night - I love it!  

Breakfast this morning was a cheese and mushroom omelet with four sausage links.  Filling and tasty.

Lunch was a slight variation on a Keto recipe for soup.  It was cold and I was feeling chilled so - instead of the Cheddar, broccoli, chicken soup with bacon,  1/2 cup of bone broth, two ounces of cream cheese and 1/4 cup of heavy cream - I substituted four ounces of left over steak (well-marbled), left out the cheddar cheese and added a little more bone broth and instead of bacon I used the left over sausage.  Despite how it may look - it was like a beef stroganoff soup!  

Dinner was pork steak with shallot, bone broth to make a gravy and a side of salad with cucumbers, tomato and bacon topped with organic ranch dressing.  Again - very tasty and very filling.  The measurements of protein to carbs to fat are the key to staying in Ketosis.  It seems to be working - 

On another front - Tim was talking about the goats the elementary school down the road is using to clear out the blackberry brambles.  The goats are rented from Bainbridge Island here in Washington and stay on the school grounds, fenced in.  There are amble trees for shelter, the 'goat tenders' make sure there is supplemental hay and nutrients to the goats diet as well as lots of water.  They are quite the sight! 

I long for Alaska this time of  the year.  I miss the snow, the moose in the JC Penny parking lot and at the old house I miss opening the shades and seeing moose chomping down on the many birch trees that used to be outside the window.  You can never go back - but you can always carry it in your heart. 

Painting is moving on - I'm not ready to post shots in progress yet and I am working on a few pieces to submit to Port Townsend gallery - I missed the cut off date being in the hospital for the landscape invitation but should have a few ready for the small works one.  Maybe goats?  Maybe.



Comments

Popular Posts